Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Modern Warfare 3 vs. Battlefield 3

The two masters of the war games are going head-to-head

At the end of this year two of the top war games are to be released, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Battlefield 3. The buzz is all over the internet, and many people are asking the same question; Which will you choose?

Modern warfare 3 is the third installment of the modern warfare games, and the eighth Call of Duty installment. Developed by Infinity Ward with help from Sledgehammer Games and Raven software, this heart-pounding FPS (first-person-shooter) is sure to get the pulse racing for many people, with a brand new feature called "Survival Mode", where up to two players fight their way through waves of enemies in multiplayer maps, progressing in difficulty. But the question is, will it be better than Battlefield 3? I personally have spend countless hours tearing through other players in multiplayer, and beat the campaign 6 or 7 times on the highest difficulty on Modern Warfare 2, and that game will forever be one of my favorites.

Battlefield 3, in development by EA Digital Illusions CE, to be published by Electronics Arts, is Modern Warfare 3's greatest competitor. With the intense graphics and gameplay, its no wonder. Battlefield Bad Company 2 had me stuck on my PC for hours every day, and this game looks like it will be even more addicting. The single-player mode is set in 2014, which is awesome. That is my kind of game. I would rather play a modern war based game than a WWII or Vietnam game, but that's just me. The class-based system will return in the multiplayer mode, there is supposed to be a new game mode called "team deathmatch" which, in my opinion will basically be squad deathmatch. The question still remains, which side will you choose? The beta version of Battlefield 3 is set to be released in september this year, and those who purchased the Tier 1 version of Medal of Honor get an exclusive pass to it. Can't wait.


I personally can't choose between the two. I have loved Modern Warefare since the first installment was released, and plan to stick by it's side. Although, since discovering Battlefield Bad Company 2, I have been leaning more toward BF3. I do plan on buying both, and I have BF3 pre-ordered already. I don't believe in having only one favorite.

Both games are going to have their perks, but in my opinion BF3 looks like it will have MW3 beat in graphics, lighting, and possibly multiplayer gameplay. They say that Call of duty is a kid/gamer's view on war, while Battlefield is a soldier's. I have to agree with this. Battlefield is more of a war simulator than it is a game, it is more realistic, and you can break stuff. Call of Duty is more of a run and gun game. While they have their differences, they have one grand thing in common; they are both going to be great games, and I can't wait to get my hands on them.




Links:
The official Call of Duty website
The official Battlefield 3 website

No comments:

Post a Comment